Monday, October 17, 2016

Tableau Photos

The following are the 6 photos that I planned from the beginning to use in my Tableau project.  I chose only these six because I knew they best represented my heritage in an aesthetically pleasing way.  Enjoy.

Image 1:


This landscape represents Ireland, a primary place of heritage for my family.


Image 2:


This ship represents my ancestors who came to America from Europe.


Image 3:


This tank represents my grandfather's military service during the Korean War, as a tank mechanic.


Image 4:


The majority of my family held occupations as farmers and land-owners.


Image 5:


Some of my family were Red Cross nurses at crucial times in American history, such as the Civil War and World War II.


Image 6:


This SIUC Saluki Dawg represents that my family actually owned a large portion of the campus' land before it was turned into a university, specifically, the SIU Arena.



No comments:

Post a Comment